Cod4X on new VSOP Servers

Home Forums Forum Sense and Nonsense Cod4X on new VSOP Servers

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  von_Zeist 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

von_Zeist
    Keymaster

Hello All,

In the past our provider had troubles too often and iam not going to wait for that to happen again.
    We now have a new dedicated box with good specifications (trust me) and ping.
    However this means we will change IP address again. I think we need a couple of weeks to tell all players the new IP so old servers will be up untill end of September.

The NEW! VSOP servers will change from Cod4 to Cod4X 1.8 server version.

So if you still have cod4 1.7 installed you will need to install the cod4X Windows client 17.7
    There are 2 ways how you can do that,

1) easy way: just connect to any cod4x 1.8 server and it will install automatically.

2) download the windows client from the cod4x.me website and follow the instructions on their website.

With the cod4x version installed you can play cod4 as well as cod4x.

New cod4x server IP: 190.2.145.41:28960 add it to your favorites

Cheerzz VZ

von_Zeist
    Keymaster

!BEFORE upgrading to cod4X (version 1.8) make sure your current client version is 1.7
    (you can see your version when you start your game at the bottom right corner of your screen).

If your current version is lower than 1.7 , you need the patches 1.6 and 1.6 to 1.7
    (first patch to 1.6 and than from 1.6 to 1.7)(you need them anyway as many servers refuse non-patched clients)

!Bugs encountered by some after upgrade to cod4X :
    -lost all my favorites…
    -my graphic settings (options) are back to default..

If you find and trouble/bugs upgrading to cod4x please share them. It might help others.

cheerzz

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.